FM Zarif’s Statements at Conference of Governors
Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif delivered a speech at the Nationwide Conference of Governors held in Tehran on Thursday.
What follows are excerpts of FM Zarif’s speech:
• The US policy of maximum pressure on Iran is a plot to create division between the Iranian people and government.
• The US feels that it has been politically defeated.
• They (conveners) could not achieve anything against Iran in the US-initiated meeting of the International Atomic Energy Agency’s Board of Governors held on Wednesday in Vienna.
• The US has been isolated in the world’s political arena by its own hands.
• The Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) was solid, and the future will prove that it was solid.
• The US could live wisely by liberating itself from the yoke of the B-Team.
• Iran is not after a war with anyone.
• The US cannot be mad at Iran for choosing Yemeni people instead of [choosing] those who bombarded them.
• The US has resorted to economic terrorism, but Iran is currently in a strong position.
• Although the INSTEX may be worthless for Iran, it indicates a decision by the US allies to create a mechanism for bypassing Washington.
• We’ll once again prove the US cannot do anything.
• We’re duty-bound not to hide ourselves behind the people and their resistance.